As a veteran director, I've learned about gender exclusion in Hollywood the hard way. For several decades I've been writing and speaking about the relevance of employment equity and the global impact of female voices behind the camera. As former chair of the Women's Steering Committee of the Director's Guild of America and a former professor of directing at USC's School of Cinematic Arts, I'm a "go-to" source regarding gender inclusion in the film industry. I'm honored to have been interviewed in the Geena Davis produced doc THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING as well as HALF THE PICTURE. You can follow me on Twitter @WomenCallAction.
In the news:
- Variety - 09/18/18 Open Letter to Reese Witherspoon: There’s an Army of Experienced Women Directors!
- The Wrap - 02/19/18 Time’s Up for Hollywood Agencies to Sign (and Support) Female Filmmakers
- The Wrap - 01/16/18 "‘I’ll Never Let Any Woman Direct Me': 11 Female Directors Recount Sexism and Discrimination"
- KPCC "The Frame" - 10/25/17 Listen to an interview connecting Hollywood's sexual harassment to employment discrimination
- The Hollywood Reporter - 10/21/2017 "How to Fix Hollywood's Toxic Gender Exclusion Problem (Guest Column)
- Screenmancer - 9/14/17 "Venice Films Mostly Male & AFI 100 Movies List 2017, Not One by a Woman?"
- Indiewire / Women & Hollywood - 8/2017 "Plenty of Qualified Women Directors Are Ready to Fill the Ranks"
- Deadline - 1/12/2017 "Director Rachel Feldman Looking for ‘Fair Fight’ To Tell Lilly Ledbetter’s Story"
- KPCC "The Frame" 2/16/17 - Listen to an interview about gender discrimination in Hollywood
- Indiewire / Women & Hollywood - 9/2016 "Solutions for Hollywood's Woman Director Problem: Demand More from the Agencies"
- Bitch Flicks - 4/2016 "I'm A Lilly"
- Ms. In the Biz - 11/2015 "A Response to Maureen Dowd"
- Ms. Magazine - 8/2015 "Lilly Ledbetter's Fight for Equal Pay Comes To The Big Screen"
- Bloomberg Television Documentary - 6/2015 "Celluloid Ceilings"
- Indiewire / Women & Hollywood - 2/2015 "How To Hire A Woman Director"
- World International Perspective - 7/2014 "Illuminating the Relevance of Women Directing U.S. Media
- Indiewire - Women & Hollywood - 7/2014 "An Open Letter to Showrunners"
- Variety - 8/2004 "Who's Afraid of Women Directors?"